Participation is open to all laboratories.
|Determinand Group||Sample Type||Exercise Id.|
|Metals (e.g. Cd and Hg)||Sample Type (Shell)fish, shrimp and fish liver tissue||BT1|
|Chlorinated organics (e.g. CB153 and dieldrin)||Sample Type (Shell)fish, shrimp and fish liver tissue||BT2|
|PAHs in biota (e.g. anthracene and pyrene)||Shrimp and shellfish tissue||BT4|
|Organotins (e.g. TBT and TPhT)||Sample Type (Shell)fish, shrimp and fish liver tissue||BT8|
|Brominated Flame Retardants (e.g. BDE47 and HBCD)||Sample Type (Shell)fish, shrimp and fish liver tissue||BT9|
|PFASs (e.g. PFO and PFOA)||Sample Type (Shell)fish, shrimp and fish liver tissue||BT10|
Click on the Exercise Id. for more specific information about the particular exercise(s).
- Biota test materials are collected from contaminated waters, seawater and coastal sites in Europe like e.g. the North Sea, Baltic Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Depending on the type of exercise, biota samples are prepared from mussel tissue, fish tissue, fish liver or shrimp.
- Biota samples are either natural contaminated or spiked with a selection of determinands where relevant.
- Biota tissue samples contain ± 50 gram of homogenized tissue.
- Biota samples are autoclaved and have been shown to be stable over a number of years when stored at room temperature.
- Reports contain all data reported under strict confidentiality, including Z-score plots and method information of the methods used.
How to participate
Complete the application form and return it by email.
Fees depend on your choice of programme and your preferred number of rounds per year.
When available, leftover samples, to be used as reference materials, can be ordered in the WEPAL/QUASIMEME webshop. Participants are entitled to a discount.