WEPAL-QUASIMEME Proficiency Tests
What is WEPAL-QUASIMEME?
WEPAL and QUASIMEME organise proficiency tests with global participation. In January 2011, the activities of both proficiency testing organisations have been merged, resulting in WEPAL-QUASIMEME.
Within WEPAL-QUASIMEME, WEPAL covers the proficiency tests related to the terrestrial environment (e.g. soil, plants, manure, compost and biomass) and freshwater sediment. QUASIMEME covers the proficiency tests organised in the marine environment (e.g. sea water, marine sediment, biota and shellfish toxins.
WEPAL-QUASIMEME is more than a proficiency testing scheme. The routine laboratory performance studies provide the basis of external quality assurance for institutes that make regular chemical measurements in the terrestrial, aquatic and marine enviroment. Most studies have two (marine programmes) or four (other programmes) rounds per annum with per round a minimum of two test materials containing the analytes at different concentrations.
What does WEPAL-QUASIMEME offer?
WEPAL-QUASIMEME offers nine worldwide accredited programmes (ISO17043)
|Soil||International Soil-analytical Exchange Programme||ISE|
|Fresh Water Sediment||Sediment Exchange for Tests on Organic Contaminants||SETOC|
|Marine Sediment||Marine Sediment Exchange Programmes||MS|
|(Sea)Water||Marine Aquatic Exchange Programmes||AQ|
|Biota||Marine Biota Exchange Programmes||BT|
|Shellfish Toxins||Marine Shellfish toxins Exchange Programmes||BT|
|Plants||International Plant-analytical Exchange Programme||IPE|
|Manure||Manure and Refuse Exchange Programme||MARSEP|
|Biomass||Biomass Exchange Programme||BIMEP|
Why participate in Proficiency testing?
- Validate internal laboratory Quality Assurance.
- Beneficial for method development and improvement.
- Support accreditation (e.g. ISO17025).
- Support QA of environmental monitoring data.
- Provide data for national or international programmes.
Why choose for us
- WEPAL-QUASIMEME has over 65 (!) years of experience in proficiency testing.
- Participation is open to any laboratory.
- All materials are homogeneous and stable for the objective of the test.
- At competitive fees WEPAL-QUASIMEME covers a wide range of sample types, e.g. Soil, Fresh Water Sediment and Marine Sediment, Seawater, Biota, Shellfish Toxins, Plants, Manure and Compost, and Biomass.
- The vast number of determinands to choose from range from elements, chemical pollutants, toxins, and nutritional values to microplastics and human and animal pathogens.
- If you register as a participant in WEPAL-QUASIMEME programmes, you are entitled to discounts for multiple orders e.g. proficiency testing programmes, available reference materials and other services.
- Reporting of the analytical data is done directly in our database, including data check.
- Determinands can be added to the program free of charge when possible.
- Your reports are published within four weeks after the submission deadline and are strictly confidential.
- The organisation is accredited to ISO17043 and compliant to ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- Track & trace information of packages is available.
- Regular questionnaires to investigate the needs of laboratories and to improve the quality of the services provided by WEPAL-QUASIMEME.
What to expect from us?
- Natural test materials of relevant matrices with determinands at realistic concentrations.
- Test materials with full evidence of homogeneity and stability for the duration of the test.
- Clear protocols how to handle the test materials.
- Full performance assessment based on robust statistics, performance summary sheets and exercise reports.
- Confidential information on own laboratory performance and anonymised results from all participants.
- Method information about the methods used by participants.
- Workshops for discussion and improvement in methodology.
- A Helpdesk, which is supported by experts in the field.
- News, workshops and conferences.
How to participate?
- Fill in the application form here
- Select the programmes and rounds you wish to subscribe to.
- It is strongly advised to join each round organised for a selected exercise in a specific year. Nevertheless, it is also possible to join a single round or a selection of different rounds.
- When your laboratory needs a proforma invoice first, you can request a quotation in the application process.
What are the terms of participation?
Terms & Conditions WEPAL-QUASIMEME
What are the deadlines for submission of results?
Each round runs for approximately three months (January-March, April-June, July-September and October-December). Participants can send in results during the entire period of each round. Deadlines for each round are presented in the table below.
|Programme||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|Soil (ISE)||31 March||30 June||30 September||31 December|
|Plants (IPE)||31 March||30 June||30 September||31 December|
|Freshwater sediment (SETOC)||31 March||30 June||30 September||31 December|
|Marine sediment (MS)||30 June||31 January|
|Seawater (AQ)||30 June||31 January|
|Biota (BT)||30 June||31 January|
|Shellfish toxins (BT)||30 June||31 January|
|Manure & Compost (MARSEP)||31 March||30 June||30 September||31 December|
|Biomass (BIMEP)||-||30 June||-||31 December|