Participation is open to all laboratories. The type of sample is tissue from different species of fish (muscle and liver), shellfish and shrimp.
|Metals (e.g. Cd and Hg)||BT1|
|Chlorinated organics (e.g. CB153 and dieldrin)||BT2|
|PAHs in biota (e.g. anthracene and pyrene)||BT4|
|Organotins (e.g. TBT and TPhT)||BT8|
|Brominated Flame Retardants (e.g. BDE47 and HBCD)||BT9|
|PFASs (e.g. PFO and PFOA)||BT10|
- Biota test materials are collected from contaminated waters, seawater and coastal sites in Europe like e.g. the North Sea, Baltic Sea and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Depending on the type of exercise, biota samples are prepared from mussel tissue, fish tissue, fish liver or shrimp.
- Biota samples are either natural contaminated or spiked with a selection of determinands where relevant.
- Biota tissue samples contain ± 50 gram of homogenized tissue.
- Biota samples are autoclaved and have been shown to be stable over a number of years when stored at room temperature.
- Reports contain all data reported under strict confidentiality, including Z-score plots and method information of the methods used.
How to participate
Complete the application form.
Fees depend on your choice of programme and your preferred number of rounds per year.
Samples of previous proficiency tests are sold as reference materials. Available materials can be selected and ordered in our webshop. Participants are entitled to a discount.