Marine Sediment Exchange Programmes
Participation is open to all laboratories. The type of sample is a selection of open sea sediment, estuarine sediment, harbor sediment and/or river sediment.
- Sediment samples cover a wide range of naturally contaminated sandy and silty sediments from open sea, estuaries, rivers an harbor locations.
- Sediments are dried and milled and sieved to < 0.5 mm.
- Sediments are packed in glass bottles (metals: 20 gram; others: 50 gram).
- Dried sediment samples are stable over a number of years when stored at room temperature (except organotins: -20°C).
- You use your normal validated methods and procedures to analyze the test materials.
- New determinands can be added to these programs on request.
- Reports contain all data reported under strict confidentiality, including Z-score plots and method information of methods used.
How to participate
Complete the application form.
Fees depend on your choice of programme and your preferred number of rounds per year.
Samples of previous proficiency tests are sold as reference materials. Available materials can be selected and ordered in our webshop. Participants are entitled to a discount.