Amnesic, lipophillic and paralytic shellfish toxins
Participation is open to all laboratories.
|Determinand Group||Sample Type*||Exercise Id.|
|ASP shellfish toxins||Blue Mussel tissue and||BT7|
|Lipophilic shellfish toxins||oyster tissue and||BT11|
|PSP shellfish toxins||Scallop tissue and Clam||BT12|
|Tetrodotoxin||tissue and Cockle tissue||DE16|
Click on the Exercise Id. for more specific information about the particular exercise(s).
- Shellfish test materials are collected from contaminated coastal sites like e.g. the North Sea, Mediterranean Sea and from Pacific Ocean.
- Depending on the type of exercise, shellfish samples are prepared from e.g. mussel, oyster, scallop, clam, or cockle tissue.
- Shellfish toxin samples are either natural contaminated or mixed with contaminated shellfish tissue where relevant.
- Shellfish tissue samples contain ± 5 gram of homogenized tissue. Occasionally, extracts of shellfish tissue are distributed when relevant.
- Shellfish tissue samples are autoclaved and are stable over a number of years when stored in the freezer.
- Shellfish tissue samples are dispatched under cooled conditions.
- Reports contain all data reported under strict confidentiality, including Z-score plots and method information of the methods used.
How to participate
Complete the application form and return it by email.
Fees depend on your choice of programme and your preferred number of rounds per year.
When available, leftover samples, to be used as reference materials, can be ordered in the WEPAL/QUASIMEME webshop.